After a much-needed hiatus over the holidays, I’m back and ready to look back on 2017, as well as look forward to the year ahead.
So what in the heck did I accomplish in my author life in 2017 anyway?
- I wrote 2 books (the last two books in the Cloaked Series)!
- I found titles for those two books (a harder task than it sounds–it took all year!)
- I learned that an e-newsletter is not within my capabilities right now (but later, it will be!)
- I began re-writing Harbinger (Mythologicals Saga #1) (hint: it won’t be the first book in the series when I’m done!)
- I attended Emerald City Writers’ Conference for the second year in a row.
- I pitched Cloaked to three publishing professionals (and all three requested material!)
- I posted to this blog 46 times (which continued my run of success on one of my resolutions from all the way back in 2016, to post to the blog with regularity!)
Not too shabby, right?
That’s a high bar to live up to in 2018, but I think I can manage it. Here are my goals:
- Submit Cloaked to at least 50 agents/editors (or stop when I’m offered a contract!)
- Write All In (Cloaked #2.5) – which will fully finish the series.
- Complete the Mythologicals Saga re-write/re-order.
- Begin writing Corrolary (the last book in the Mythologicals Saga) for 2019 release
- Re-edit and re-release the Shift Series with new covers
- Write and publish Linking 2 (the second Shift Series Novella, telling more of Cici’s story.)
- Post to the blog at least 40 times.
- Attend Emerald City Writers’ Conference
- Bonus: Attend the RWA National Conference, if possible/reasonable.
Okay, so that’s a lot. When I started writing the list, I got a little overwhelmed, but when I read it back, it’s doable. And it’s awesome to list it all out like that, like zooming out on the year ahead and viewing my goals from 10,000 feet–which starts to look a whole lot more like a plan than a jumbled list of wants. This time, next year, I’ll come back to this post and check-off all the things I accomplished. Boo-ya!
So, what about you? What are your goals for 2018?
One thought on “Happy New Year!”