It’s already September 10th, but better late than never, right? To be honest, friends, August was a bit of an ass kicker, and September is shaping up to be the same. But believe it or not, that’s not a bad thing!
The Cloak’s Shadow release is just around the corner (10/6–less than a month away! AHH!) and there is SO. MUCH. TO. DO. Add on to that my kiddos starting online school, and that sums up about half of the things vying for my attention. So, yes, I’m being pulled in a lot of different directions these days, but for good reasons!
How about you? Are you looking forward to Fall? (If you follow me on Instagram, you know I started introducing pumpkin into my coffee on the Tuesday after Labor Day lol!) If you’ve got little ones, how is the school year kicking off? Tell me all about it!
And now, without further delay, here’s the September Book Report.
Announcements + Stuff To Know:
- The Cloak’s Shadow preorder is still live and going strong. Make sure you hit that link and order before release to get it at the lowest price. Shortly after release, it’ll go up in price by $1.
- I just (like, today) receive The Medium’s Possession (Cloaked Series 2) back from my editor, so from here until my next deadline on 9/28, I’ll be juggling the TCS release and TMP revisions. Wish me luck!
- I have a profile on BookBub and I’d LOVE to connect with you there. Hit me up if you’re also on BookBub–I’ll be sure to follow back!
- The response to the Wren and Bridgette sneak peak of The Cloak’s Shadow has been AWESOME! Thank you to those of you who downloaded it and spread the word. If you haven’t yet, you can get your hands on it when you sign up for my newsletter here.
- I’ve partnered with a witchy friend of mine who has done a tarot reading for each of the main characters in The Cloaked Series! I’m posting the tarot reading and archetype card explanation for one character per week between now and TCS release on 10/6. These have been so much fun to put together and I can’t wait for you all to learn a little more about these characters I already love so much. So if you don’t follow me on Instagram, this is another good reason to!
Goal 1: Hit 50-100 preorders for The Cloak’s Shadow by September 30th.
I hate to say it, but I’m not certain this is going to be possible any longer. I have made progress since last month, and I’m still very far off the pace to hit this goal. But I’ve learned a ton and I know what I’ll do differently next time. No effort is a waste of time.
Goal 2: Complete and receive approval for chapters 4-6 of my super secret project, code named ICA, by 9/30.
This goal is currently on hold while some administrative issues on the contract holder’s end are being worked out. These issues don’t just impact me but every project they currently have in the works. So I’m chalking this one up to shit that’s out of my control. That said, before this detour, I was SO on track to accomplish this by 9/30, so I count it as a win.
Goal 3: Increase my newsletter subscriber list by at least 50% by 9/30.
I HIT THIS GOAL!! Thanks to all of you who’ve spread the word, and thanks to a very successful promotion I was lucky enough to be included in, I have increased my newsletter list by almost 100%. *happy dance* I can’t wait to see what my final number is on 9/30. Stay tuned for that in my October Book Report. 🙂
So there we are. As summer draws to a close, I’m doing my best to set ’em up and knock ’em down. Next month, I’ll do a final review of my Q3 goals, and give you all the skinny on my Q4 goals–as well as release dates for my next round of projects–and I want you to do the same! I love hearing about your goals and how you’re doing, so comment here, or shoot me a DM on Facebook or Instagram, and tell me all about it!
hours minutes seconds
The Cloak’s Shadow Release