Hi faithful readers!
I just launched a new group on Facebook called “Elle’s Belles.” It’s a place where we can all talk and geek-out about our fave fantasy beings: vampires, shapeshifters, psychics, ghosts–anything! It’s brand new, and just getting off the ground, but I think we’re going to have a lot of fun! Join us!
I’ll continue to post here on the blog, but will be doing so a little less often than I used to in the comings months. I’ll reserve blog posts mainly for announcements and the occasional random musing. It’s not that I don’t love my blog (I do!) but time is a finite resource and I want to give Elle’s Belles the attention it deserves–at least until it takes off! Of course, I’ll still be on Twitter. And, if you’re on Goodreads, you can always find me there too! Can’t wait to see you on Facebook!
Today is Cecelia Brayton’s birthday!
To celebrate Cecelia’s awesomeness, here is a short list of Cecelia-related stuff:
Your Questions Answered, Part 2 – Where I answer questions about the linking phenomenon, and Tubac AZ.
Cecelia + Felix: Wherein I write about Cecelia’s complex history
Cecelia’s Death: A past Cici birthday post where I explained what it was like writing Leah’s experience of Cici’s passing.
Linking (A Shift Series Novella) on Amazon, BN.com, and Kobo – this is Cecelia and Felix’s origin story.
Waiting – Cici’s final days and Ferris’ big decision
Hello Faithful Readers!
I’ve mentioned updating Harbinger and Augury a couple of times over the last weeks/months. The reasons for doing so are numerous and varied, but primarily, it’s a twofold issue:
- Harbinger no longer meets my expectations for quality. It was the first novel-length book I wrote. And, frankly put, the writing sucks. Still love the story–hate the writing.
- Even more importantly, Harbinger no longer fits with the rest of my brand as it exists currently. Now, that doesn’t mean I plan to change the story dramatically (though the book will read much differently when I’m done with the re-write, the core story will remain mostly unchanged), but I do plan to change how the story fits into the series, which will help the series in a couple of ways: fitting within my paranormal romance brand, and letting Augury shine.
Harbinger cannot be considered part of the romance genre (even though it has very strong romantic elements) because, well, it does not end in an emotionally satisfying way. I’m sorry for that. It sucks. But, damn it, it’s how the story unfolds and to change that would be unauthentic. The worst part is that Harbinger’s tragic ending (combined with the crummy writing) seems to keep people from continuing on to Augury–which is a tragedy in and of itself.
Augury is quite possibly the most favorite thing I’ve ever written. It deserves to shine.
So, starting today, I’m enacting a plan to let it do just that. The plan has six steps:
- Remove Harbinger and Augury from all e-book stores (sounds drastic, but just wait! It will be worth it!)
- Revise Augury to support a new series order, placing Augury as the first book in the series.
- Rewrite Harbinger to align with readers’ expectations, and my own expectations for my work.
- Rerelease Augury as the first book in the Immortals Duology*.
- Rerelease Harbinger as a supplement to Augury. It will still be Augury’s prequel, but now it will be branded that way. Instead of a flagship title, Harbinger will be aimed at readers who are interested in exploring Luceam’s tragic past before the events of Augury.
- Complete and release Corrollary, the second and final book in the Immortals Duology* in 2019.
*Immortals Duology is my current working title for the revamped series. It might stick, it might change. You all will be the first to know, either way.
So why am I telling you all of this?
Primarily because I want you to know that if you own the Harbinger and/or Augury e-books, your copies will be unaffected when I remove them from e-bookstores. You’ll still own the copies you already have–they won’t disappear from your library or your ereaders, so have no fear. When I get ready to release the updated versions, later this year, I will give an update on how to get a copy without having to buy them again if you own the originals.
So wish me luck! And check-in here, on Twitter, and Facebook for updates!
Augury (Mythologicals Saga | Two)