Wow. How is it already March? That was one heck of a winter. Was it incredibly eventful and scheduled for you too?
Seeing as how I haven’t posted to the blog since the Shift Series Re-Release (which was AWESOME, btw!) I thought now would be a good time for a quick “What Am I Working On?” post!
First and foremost, I’ve added some self-care/self-kindness to my goals and habits for 2019. I’m more than two months in, and I’ve got to tell you, it’s been SO worth it! I’m going to write a future post about the five-minute reflection excersize I do each night because it’s been revolutionary, so stay tuned for that!
In the land of Elle-the-author goals, I’m currently focused on completing the re-write/major revision of my current work in progress, currently titled Cloaked. I wasn’t certain about this re-write when I first started it, but within a few chapters, I knew the effort would be well worth it. The draft I finished a couple of weeks ago is set up to be light years more compelling than the original (and the original kept my beta readers reading, so, yeah. Hoping this might be a stay-up-all-night kind of book. You’re welcome!)
Beyond that, I’ve been digging into the Facebook and Instagram advertising engines, and I frequently thank my lucky stars for my background in digital display advertising. Without that, I would be much more lost and much less successful. So, if you see an ad for SHIFT floating around on either Facebook or Instagram, give a little cheer into the universe for me!
Anyway, it’s WAY too late and I should be in bed, so I’ll wrap up. But tell me how your 2019 has gone so far! I want the deets, so comment below or shoot me a message!
Love you all! Stay badass!
After a much-needed hiatus over the holidays, I’m back and ready to look back on 2017, as well as look forward to the year ahead.
So what in the heck did I accomplish in my author life in 2017 anyway?
- I wrote 2 books (the last two books in the Cloaked Series)!
- I found titles for those two books (a harder task than it sounds–it took all year!)
- I learned that an e-newsletter is not within my capabilities right now (but later, it will be!)
- I began re-writing Harbinger (Mythologicals Saga #1) (hint: it won’t be the first book in the series when I’m done!)
- I attended Emerald City Writers’ Conference for the second year in a row.
- I pitched Cloaked to three publishing professionals (and all three requested material!)
- I posted to this blog 46 times (which continued my run of success on one of my resolutions from all the way back in 2016, to post to the blog with regularity!)
Not too shabby, right?
That’s a high bar to live up to in 2018, but I think I can manage it. Here are my goals:
- Submit Cloaked to at least 50 agents/editors (or stop when I’m offered a contract!)
- Write All In (Cloaked #2.5) – which will fully finish the series.
- Complete the Mythologicals Saga re-write/re-order.
- Begin writing Corrolary (the last book in the Mythologicals Saga) for 2019 release
- Re-edit and re-release the Shift Series with new covers
- Write and publish Linking 2 (the second Shift Series Novella, telling more of Cici’s story.)
- Post to the blog at least 40 times.
- Attend Emerald City Writers’ Conference
- Bonus: Attend the RWA National Conference, if possible/reasonable.
Okay, so that’s a lot. When I started writing the list, I got a little overwhelmed, but when I read it back, it’s doable. And it’s awesome to list it all out like that, like zooming out on the year ahead and viewing my goals from 10,000 feet–which starts to look a whole lot more like a plan than a jumbled list of wants. This time, next year, I’ll come back to this post and check-off all the things I accomplished. Boo-ya!
So, what about you? What are your goals for 2018?
Posted in Housekeeping, productivity, writing
Tagged 2018, blog, cloaked, goal setting, goals, Linking, Mythologicals Saga, productivity, Shift Series, writing